From Research to Practice: Across Nursing, Midwifery and Health Sciences
Thursday, 20th September 2018
09:00 am - 5:45 pm
Audimax, hsg Bochum
What is planned?
This conference will demonstrate examples of practice-based applied research; highlighting effective partnership between practitioners and experienced researchers. We will illustrate how this approach can have a powerful impact on practice excellence and professional development.
Enjoy the teaser-video:
Some items on the agenda:
- Keynote: "Involving Vulnerable Populations in Research: Ethical Considerations", Prof. Doris Schroeder - check out her video-teaser...
- Project Report: "Initiating Practice-Driven Research: Case Examples from England and Australia", Prof. Sally Hardy
- Project Report: "Complex Interconventions, Development and Evaluation in Nursing", Prof. Dr. Gabriele Meyer
- Project Report: "Red Flags for serious Spinal Pathology: A collaborative Approach", Prof. James Selfe
- Keynote: "Growing a Highly Effective Community of Practice between Academics and Practitioners", Prof. Fiona Dykes
- Panel of Experts chaired by Dr. Hazel Roddam: "How should Research Priorities be determined for Applied Healthcare Research?", Prof. Dr. Gabriele Meyer, Prof. Soo Downe, Prof. James Selfe, Prof. Sally Hardy, Prof. Doris Schroeder, Dr. Gertrud Ayerle
- Project Report: "Effects of Birthing Room Environments on Vaginal Births and Client-centered Outcomes in Women at Term Planning a Vaginal Birth – a Multicentre RCT (BE-UP)", Dr. Gertrud Ayerle, Study Directorship
- Keynote: "The use of technology in the management of chronic disorders: perceived barriers and future potential", Prof. Anja Lowit, Prof. Dr. Kerstin Bilda
Use the online-Part of the Scientific Conference!
No opportunity to come to Bochum? You will find all contributions as video content also published on this website.
Here you will also find a number of scientific posters, related to the subject of this conference.
Some items on the agenda will be broadcast as Facebook Live. You are welcome to visit our Facebook-Page www.facebook.com/hochschulefuergesundheit at 10:00am, 2:30pm and 5:30pm on Thursday, 20th September 2018.
Over a period of one week (from 20th September 2018), you are invited to discuss the different subjects of the conference as a member of our exclusive Facebook-group. Find and enter the group „From Resarch to Practice • Discussion Forum“ (www.facebook.com/groups/fromresearchtopractice/) on Facebook!
Your participation is free of charge!
No booking registration necessary to participate online!
Please follow our event on Twitter!
We’ll be using the hashtag #hsgBochumUCLan2018 before, during and after this event.
Recommended accounts to follow:
@UCLanResearch @UCLanRehabSciences @UCLanHealth @hsgbochum