1. Responsible body in terms of the data protection laws
Hochschule für Gesundheit (hsg Bochum),
represented by the Registrar, Mr. Werner Brüning
Phone: +49 (0) 234 77727-0
2. Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer at hsg Bochum
T +49 234 77727-140
The legal framework for data protection is provided by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the North Rhine-Westphalian Data Protection Adaptation and Implementation Act EU (NRWDSAnpUG-EU) and the Telemedia Act (TMG).
4. Collection of general information
Every time this offer is accessed, information is automatically collected by us or the web hosting provider. This information, also known as server log files, is of a general nature and does not allow any conclusions about your person.
The following information is recorded, among others
- name of the website
- name and URL of the retrieved file
- date and time of access
- amount of data
- web browser and web browser version
- operating system
- the so-called referrer URL
- and the IP address.
Without this data it would be technically partly not possible to deliver and display the contents of the website. In this respect, the collection of data is absolutely necessary. We process the data mentioned above for the following purposes:
- to ensure a smooth connection of the website
- to guarantee the comfortable use of our website
- for the evaluation of system security and stability and
- for other administrative purposes
We also reserve the right to subsequently check the log files if we suspect an illegal use of our offer. The legal basis for data processing is derived from Art. 6 para. 1 item f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the reasons for data collection listed above.
Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you as an individual.
5. Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 item a GDPR
- Disclosure pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 item f of the GDPR is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for disclosure under Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 item c of the GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and, in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 item b GDPR, necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you
6. Registration on the website
It is currently not possible to register on our website.
7. Provision of services with costs
We request additional data so that we can provide chargeable services. This applies, for example, to payment details.
8. Comment function
If comments or other contributions to our offer are written and published, we save the IP address, the user name and the time of creation. This data is collected for security reasons, as the provider can be prosecuted for illegal content (prohibited propaganda, insults, etc.), even if it was created by a third party. In such a case, the information serves to determine the identity of the author.
9. Comment subscription
When users of this service subscribe to follow-up comments, they will receive a confirmation email. With this e-mail we make sure that the user is actually the owner of the e-mail address mentioned. You have the possibility to cancel the comment subscription at any time. You will receive instructions for this together with the confirmation e-mail.
10. hsg-magazin / newsletter
We link to the hsg-magazine on our website.
hsg Bochum is responsible for data protection-compliant operation.
If you register for a subscription to the newsletter of hsg magazine, we will use the data you enter exclusively for this purpose or to inform you of circumstances relevant to this service or registration.
This data will not be passed on to third parties.
A valid e-mail address is required to receive the newsletter.
The IP address with which you register for the newsletter and the date on which you order the newsletter are also stored.
This data serves us as proof in case of misuse, if a foreign e-mail address is registered for the newsletter.
In order to ensure that an e-mail address is not misused by third parties, we apply the so-called "double opt-in" procedure in accordance with the law.
Within the scope of this procedure, the subscription of the newsletter, the transmission of the confirmation e-mail and the receipt of the registration confirmation are recorded.
If you have expressly consented in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 item a GDPR, we will make use of your e-mail address in order to send you our newsletter on a regular basis.
To receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide an e-mail address.
You have the option to revoke your consent to the storage of the data, your e-mail address and its use for transmission of the newsletter at any time.
For this purpose, we provide a link in every newsletter and on the website.
You also have the option of informing us of your wish to revoke using the contact options mentioned in this document.
11. E-mail contact
On our website it is possible to contact us via the e-mail address provided in each case. In this case, the user's personal data transmitted with the e-mail will be stored. In this context, the data will not be passed on to third parties.
The data will be used exclusively for the processing of contact maintenance or registration.
The legal basis for the processing of the data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
This website uses so-called cookies. These are text files that are stored on your computer from the server. They contain information on the browser, IP address, operating system and Internet connection. We do not transfer this data to third parties or link it to personal data without your consent.
Cookies fulfil two main tasks. They help us to make it easier for you to navigate through our offer and enable the correct display of the website. They are not used to introduce viruses or start programs. Users have the option to access our offer without cookies. To do this, the appropriate settings must be changed in the browser. Please refer to the help function of your browser to find out how cookies are deactivated. However, we would like to point out that this may impair some functions of this website and limit the comfort of use.
Article 6 para. 1 item f GDPR forms the legal basis for the processing of personal data using technically necessary cookies.
13. Use of Matomo (formerly Piwik)
This website uses Matomo, an open source software that collects and stores data. This information is used for marketing and optimisation purposes. For this purpose, Matomo creates user profiles with a pseudonym from the data. For these purposes the software stores cookies (text files) on your computer, which can be used to analyse your use of the website. Your IP address is anonymised immediately after processing and before saving. The data is stored on the provider's servers in Germany.
If you do not want Matomo to save cookies, you have the option of preventing the installation of cookies via the settings of your browser (for information on this, please refer to the browser help function or go to matomo.org/docs/privacy
In this case, you may not be able to use all functions of the offer.
The legal basis for processing the personal data of users is Article 6 para. 1 item. f GDPR.
14. References to social networks
On our website, we link to our profiles on the social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in order to make our services better known and more accessible to a wider group of users*.
By clicking on the link, the user is redirected to the respective service provider.
If the link is not clicked, no exchange takes place. The responsibility for data protection compliant operation of the social networks is to be guaranteed by their respective providers.
We have no influence on the type and scope of the data collected, stored and processed when using the link.
Please read the respective information of the respective provider:
The legal basis for the processing of the data is Art. 6 para. 1 item a GDPR.
15. Data economy
Pursuant to the principles of data avoidance and data economy, we store personal data only as long as it is necessary or required by law (legal storage period). If the purpose of the collected information ceases to apply or the storage period ends, we shall block or delete the data.
16. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- under Article 15 of the GDPR to request information about your personal data processed by us. Specifically, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on the details of the data
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its deletion and we no longer require the data, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data which you have made available to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another responsible party
- pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time.
- As a result, we may no longer continue to process the data which was based on this consent in the future and pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or the NRW State Data Protection Commissioner (www.ldi.nrw.de/)
17. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed by virtue of a legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, if there are reasons for doing so arising from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct marketing.
In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a special situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to dsb(at)hs-gesundheit.de.
18. Data security
We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure within the website visit in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser.
This is usually a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead.
You can determine whether an individual page of our website is being transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We also make use of suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties.We continuously improve our security measures in line with technological developments.
19. Amendment of our data protection declaration
In order to ensure that our data protection declaration always complies with the latest legal requirements, we reserve the right to make changes at any time. This also applies in the event that the data protection declaration has to be adapted due to new or revised services, for example new services. The new data protection declaration will then take effect on your next visit to our website.
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status May 2018.