Would you like to study at Hochschule für Gesundheit? Would you like to study at the University of Bochum for one semester?
The Student Guidance and Counselling Service, the International Office and the International Coordinators of the degree programmes would be happy to assist you!
Before you arrive...
- Information about studying in Germany is provided by the portal Study-In.de, Hochschulkompass and Deutsche Studentenwerk
- Information about the City of Bochum
- the Foreigners' Office of the City of Bochum is the point of contact for residence permits (citizens from non-EU countries) and certificates of freedom of movement (citizens from EU countries)
- Information about scholarships can be found at the German Academic Exchange Service and on the Scholarship portal
During the studies at hsg...
- you can participate in the courses "German as a Foreign Language" or "Scientific Work" of the Ruhr-University Bochum
- the Akademisches Förderungswerk (AKAFÖ) Bochum supports international students and
STIBET: Scholarships for study completion for international students
Through the Scholarship and Supervision Program for International Students (STIBET), which was set up by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and financed by the Federal Foreign Office, hsg Bochum receives financial resources for granting scholarships for study completion to enrolled international students.
Further information on the application procedure for scholarships for study completion can be found on the Moodle learning platform in the International Course.
Duration and scholarship amount
Monthly scholarship instalments of € 348.- will be paid over a period of up to five months.
International students who are considered to be foreign students and whose successful completion of their studies in the respective course of study can be expected within one year are eligible to apply for a scholarship to complete their studies.
Foreign students in the sense of STIBET funding are foreign students who have acquired their university entrance qualification at a school abroad (this includes German schools abroad) or have supplemented school qualifications acquired abroad with a German preparatory course.
You can find an overview of the application process here:
"Application for scholarship for study completion" (PDF).
Please submit the following documents in person at the International Office of Hochschule für Gesundheit, send them by post or make use of the deadline mailbox:
- Application form
- current grade sheet
- current enrolment certificate
- Letter of motivation (1 to 2 DIN A4 pages)
- Confirmation of registration for the state examinations or the bachelor examination
Please do not submit elaborate application folders.
You can send your applications to:
Hochschule für Gesundheit
Room: GC8 0108
ERASMUS+: Application for an exchange semester at hsg
If you are a student of a European partner university of hsg and would like to spend an ERASMUS+ exchange semester at Hochschule für Gesundheit, please contact the ERASMUS coordinator at your university.
You can only apply for an exchange semester if your university is officially nominated.
The application deadline for nomination at hsg for the respective winter semester is April 15th, the deadline for the respective summer semester is October 15th.
Together with the confirmation of acceptance for the exchange semester, you will receive an application form from the International Office of hsg, as well as all necessary information for enrolment and studying at hsg.
In order to enrol as a program student at hsg, you must submit proof of health insurance coverage that is valid in Germany.
In addition, you must pay a so-called semester contribution prior to enrolment.
You can then make use of the local public transport network in the federal state of North Rhine-Westphalia free of charge as well as further discounts for students.
Erdgeschoss, Raum GC8 0108
Phone +49 (0) 234 777 27- 135 / - 123
Open consultation hours of the International Office
Tuesday, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, 12:00 - 2:00 p.m.