Student Guidance and Counselling Service (ZSB)
The Student Guidance and Counselling Service is the first point of contact at hsg for prospective and current students and multipliers.
If you are interested in pursuing a degree at hsg Bochum, we will provide you with information on the requirements, application and all other questions before commencing your studies.
We would also be happy to advise you, even if you are not yet sure which course of study suits you best.
We also offer counselling services for students - feel free to contact us at any time with any of your concerns and questions.
If you are an educator and would like to work with us on the topic of study orientation, we look forward to hearing from you.
We also collaborate with other bodies involved in vocational orientation, such as the Federal Employment Agency, local authority co-ordinators and other universities.
Offers for prospective students
Information on study opportunities (degree programmes and degrees)
Study orientation (also within the framework of KAoA)
- Profile development, discovering aptitudes/interests
- Basic questions about application, dates and deadlines
- Information on the procedure for the award of study places (NC, suitability, free allocation, etc.)
- Special study requirements in individual courses of study such as internships, "personal suitability"
- Structure, contents, requirements and potential areas of focus before commencement of studies
- Occupational fields and fields of activity of the respective degree programmes
- Advice on social aspects such as financing studies, student housing
Offers for students
General questions about the academic programme
First point of contact for all general enquiries throughout the course of academic studies
Referral advice / clearing office
Advice in the case of doubts concerning the choice of studies or problems
Advice on changing university or course of study
Advice on social aspects such as financing studies, student housing
Advice on further perspectives, e.g. graduate studies
Offers for schools and multipliers
Within the framework of KAoA, there are several parties involved in the vocational orientation process.
The Student Guidance and Counselling Service also offers a variety of services for schools, educators and advisors from the Federal Employment Agency or municipal coordination offices.
- School visits at hsg
- Visits to school fairs and orientation days on site
- Participation in local and regional advice and information events
The ZSB team
Our counselling philosophy
The Student Guidance and Counselling Service at hsg Bochum is committed to the counselling concept of GIBeT - Gesellschaft für Information, Beratung und Therapie an Hochschulen e.V.
Our approach is:
- free from any bias
- and is based on an appreciative, unbiased and empathetic attitude
Counselling focuses on the concerns and needs of those seeking advice and is free from any bias.
It is subject to confidentiality and is voluntary and free of charge for those seeking advice. Counselling serves to strengthen the self-competence of those seeking advice against the background of their personal situation and promotes their individual decision-making ability and competence to act. It also provides reliable information on study-specific aspects and therefore provides the basis for objective, well-reflected decisions